The church adopts and accepts the following Articles of Faith:
- There is one true God, the Creator, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe. We owe to Him the highest love, reverence, and obedience. He is revealed to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired by God. The Bible reveals the principles by which God will judge us. It is, and will remain to the end of the world, the true center of Christian union, and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and religious opinions should be tried.
- Man was created by the special act of God, as recorded in Genesis. “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.” (Gen 1:27). “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” (Gen 2:7).
- We believe Grace is the unmerited favor coming from God. This blessing is freely given to those who claim Jesus Christ as Lord. It is not of works but comes through faith. “For it is by his grace you are saved, through trusting him; it is not your own doing. It is God’s gift, not a reward for work done. There is nothing for anyone to boast of. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to devote ourselves to the good deeds for which God has designed us.” (Eph 2:8-10).
- The blessings of salvation are made free to all by the gospel. Nothing prevents the salvation of the greatest sinner except his own voluntary refusal to accept Jesus Christ as teacher, Savior, and Lord. “Jesus replied, ‘I am the way; I am the truth and I am the life; no one comes to the Father except by me.’” (John 14:6).
- As members of Providence Knob Baptist Church, we observe Sunday as the Lord’s day. It is a Christian institution for regular observance. It commemorates the resurrection of Christ from the dead and should be employed in exercises of worship and spiritual devotion, both public and private.
- The Scriptures clearly teach that Jesus rose from the dead. His grave was emptied of its contents as revealed in Mark 16:6. The New Testament teaches in many places the visible and personal return of Jesus to this earth. While we do not know of the day nor the hour of His coming, it is the duty of all believers to live in readiness for His return.
- The Kingdom of God is the reign of God in the heart and life of the individual in every human relationship, and in every form and institution of organized human society. The chief means for promoting the Kingdom of God on earth are preaching the gospel of Christ, and teaching the principles of Christianity. The Kingdom of God will be complete when every thought and will of man shall be brought into captivity to the will of Christ. It is the duty of all Christ’s people to pray and labor continually that his Kingdom may come and his will be done on earth as it is done in heaven.
- Marriage is a biblical institution established by God as clearly described in the scriptures. This Church recognizes that marriage is the uniting if one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. Accordingly, this Church, its pastor, staff and/or licensed ministers will not be a party to or perform same sex unions or same sex marriages, nor shall its property or resources be used for such purposes. (Genesis 2:18-25, Romans 1:26-27).
- Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God, to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior,
- And on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost,
- We do now, in the presence of God, angels, and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another, as one body in Christ.
- We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love, to strive for the advancement of this church, in the knowledge, holiness, and grace;
- To promote its spiritual growth, to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines;
- To contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, and the spread of the gospel through all nations.
- We also engage to maintain personal and family devotions, to religiously educate our children, to seek the salvation of our family, friends, and neighbors;
- To point out the false practices of the world that are in contradiction to God’s teachings;
- To display exemplary lives in the world; to be honest in our dealings, true to our word, and Christ-like in our behavior;
- To refrain from excessive anger and the willful harm of an individual through words;
- To abstain from the sale and use of harmful substances, including alcohol and drugs;
- To be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior.
- We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly and sisterly love;
- To remember each other in prayer, to aid each other in sickness and distress, to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech;
- To be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation, and mindful of the rules of our Savior to secure it without delay.
- We moreover engage that when we remove from this place we will, as soon as possible, unite with some other church, where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
Becoming a Christian
A. Admit to God that you are a sinner. The first people God created chose to sin and disobey God. Ever since then, all people have chossen to sin and disobey.
Repent, turn away from your sin.
Acts 3:19, 1st John 1:9
Believe that Jesus is God's Son and accept God's gift of forgiveness from sin.
Acts 16:31; Acts 4:12; John 14:6; Ephesians 2:8-9.
Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and lord.
Romans 10:9-10, 13.
If you have done the above then you can pray this prayer:
I know I have sinned and my sin separates me from you. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God, please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life. Thank you.
In Jesus name I pray,